Tuesday 4 August 2009

My Two Golds'-worth

Welcome to Cursor Vivat, oh gentle and sexy reader, a blog which could at this stage turn out to be about pretty much anything. One reason for this post is to provide a general introduction and game plan, more for the authors' benefit than anything else. The main reason for it is that my other first post was a 2000+ word discussion of the psychology of spatial navigation as it relates to the gender divide in World of Warcraft, which I felt would be somewhat jumping in at the deep end, if said deep end was in fact a volcano, possibly containing sharks. Flying sharks. Flying sharks on fire.

Anyway, throughout the course of this little endeavour you will hear from me, my lovely lady Lyriel, and hopefully two of our guild mates and good friends, Sunfire and Damofez. The others will I'm sure introduce themselves once they get posting (or just launch straight away into vitriolic tirades against their latest moron-filled Pug), and hopefully once you know a bit about us that will give some idea of what we are likely to be writing about. To illustrate, I play a troll shaman as my main, and so will probably end up writing on such topics as healing, zapping people with lovely lightning, the joy of tusks, or the importance of Mojo in a modern consumerist society. I have also for a long time filled the role of guild tank with my death knight, so may on occasion throw some tin-can love into the mix or rage about omen-blind dps and why they should be burnt at the stake.

Finally, aspects of my 'real life' (for want of a better term) may sometimes worm their way into my posting. You will probably hear a lot about my take on psychology in World of Warcraft, as I study this at university. My next post for example will be on why girl-gamers can't find their way out of dungeons, as I feel a good way to start my blogging career would be to alienate half the demographic. Anyway, that's all from me. I hope you enjoy reading Cursor Vivat, whatever it turns out to be. Once we know ourselves, I'm sure we will let you know. Untill then, bon voyage et evite les squales.

Orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment