Tuesday 11 August 2009

TUSKED FURY!

RAWR! FEEL THE WRATH OF AN ANGRY PROT WARRIOR!

Now as we all know once you hit 80 instead of being given the chorus of congratulations you deserve its an entirely different story. Keeping in mind this is a general view not a guild based view as guilds will often shower you in the praise you so rightfully adore and why shouldnt you?
But anyway onto more pressing and infuriating matters!

RAWR!

That just had to be added lol.

But anyway once you hit level 80 instead of people saying congratulations you are suddenly expected to have all the best gear in the game. Naturally once people start ripping into you you start to think, hang on a minute, ive only just hit 80, I dont get T9 posted to me the second i hit 80! I have to work towards it! But oh no! thats just not good enough for those elitists out there is it?

They seem to find it so difficult to remember that once upona time THEY had only just hit 80 and had crap gear and wernt very capable of doing much. But now that they have been carried by generous people (who really shouldnt do that for jerks like that it only increases the weight on their shoulders as the ego swells and attitude deteriorates further) and therefore have some pretty spunktastic gear.

My warmongering tuskiness (DamoFez) has worked very damned hard to max out both mining and armoursmithing so i can create the best gear creatable in the game which naturally i have done so and equipped. Im now sitting rather cosy on a nice 24.5k health and fully def capped meaning that in theory I can tank pretty much anything the game throws at me. And if you look into the actual game mechanics of WoW it is designed in a way that my character CAN do what he wants to do but its the players that ruin it.

For example: There is ALWAYS (without fail except for guild runs) a complete idiot who belives that if he is top DPS the he is god. There is usually always a tank or healer reminding them that they are not a god and there are in fact the cause of a wipe. Also in the cases of a PuG raid there will be a Main Tank (MT) and an Off tank (OT) now just to be completly clear here the MT takes the big nasty bosses who hit harder than that girl who kicked you in the nuts with them horrible pointy shoes and generally demand the full attention of a main healer while the dps pick away at the nasty big bad boss. The OT is just as important ,although somewhat underated, and their job is to tackle any adds (maurding annoying interfering friends of before mentioned nasty boss) and in many raids can also take an entire healers attention aswel. You will always be able to tell if a raid will fail because some smart arsed tank who has clearly got his head stuck so far up his ass he has gone WAY beyond the lightswitch ,and is randomly looting the alcoves of his rectum for whatever hints of glory he belives to be there, who belives they can furfil both tasks.

My advice in this situation is leave the raid instantly save yourself a costly repair bill.

But alas do i head my own advice? of course not im a tank im not known for my intelligence, just the ability to get hit hard and still stand there with a stupified grin on my face.

One perticular event like this springs to mind during a 10 man raid to the Vault of Archevon (VoA10) I was called in randomly as a PuG OT. Before even joining I told the leader my gear was just about heroic ready, I had 22.5k health at the time, was fully def capped (over infact i was on 549 when def cap is 540) but being the kind person I am I was willing to give it a go to help them. Once i arrived there i noticed something most closly described as a nemesis. An annoying druid tank who seemed to think he was amazing enough to take on the entire world all on his own and if he died it was simply the healers fault. Not really the sort of person you want to work with. In all honesty I would rather smear my genatalia in fish paste and dangle them in a pool of hungry pirahnas, but thankfully for my manhood i decided to try the raid.

As soon as people heard I was the OT instantly people started bickering and moaning but i thought to myself it doesnt matter I will show them I can take a good kicking and still be standing we will see when we get to that boss! Alas things didnt quite go to my fantastic tusky plan. Quite far from my sharpened tusky point in fact as the MT decided he was so amazing he could do both MT and OT himself. How i wish i paid attention to my own advice and just left. Naturally after 1 whole painful minute everybody was dead. And surprise Surprise it was silly druid tank himself who died 1st leaving me to try and tank everything myself (which i did a better job than him i might add).

Of course after the wipe all these elitists needed somebody to blame as they are all so elite it cant possibly be their fault can it? No surely not they are elite they do everything right they are the almighty! Or so they let themselves belive at any rate. Hence i am immediatly kicked from the group and thrown many whispers of various insults which I need not go into here, despite my witty retorts the insults just kept on coming. Seriously how do you stop these people with the social grace of a pubic louse from harrassing you? Even ignore doesnt work they get somebody else to pass their messeges on for them!

Feeling shunned upset and most certainly demoralised I decided to see what other gear I could find cheap on the general market. I did happen to find some rather tasty shoulders which set me back a hefty 550G. Something which caused pain at the time but I have recently discovered they are actually valued over 1k so im rather happy about it now. To top it off i decided to scrap my block rating bonus from my boots and create my own boots with a bigger stamina boost. After arranging for a few enchants (curtosy of my incredably beautiful mage MagixFez) i had bumped my health upto 24.5k. Now feeling somewhat better for myself I decided to pursue the game the same way i usually do. AVOID PuGs AT ALL COSTS!

Although occassionally you will meet genuinly kind nice players in PuGs its just a lot more likly you will meet a group of elitist jerks who will only boo and jeer at your every move so im guessing the moral of this post, despite to relive my own stress, is to try and avoid PuGs as much as you can stick with your friends and Guildies (who usually are your friends hence why you are guildied with them).

Well now thats out of the way im curious to hear what you all think of my 1st serious post and perhaps ill add others as time continues. Until then.

Live Free Die Well

DamoFez

5 comments:

  1. RAWR!!!

    Spiffing post Fezzie-boy :D You hit the nail on the head...reminds me of that VH run with the pillock of a huntard telling you to go 'learn threat'. Hate PuGs, love guildies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i remember that yea. learn threat?
    learn your own stupid huntard!
    When are you back anyways? the lvl 80 heorics have somewhat disapeared since you and lyr havnt been on i am most distressed by this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, perfect ranting post with some very good pointers. To bad the persons it's really adressed to never will read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dunno for certain when I'll be back. Laptop should be back from the repair goblins in the next few days I hope...got a whole patch's worth of content to look forward to...I hear the new Shammy stuff is hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the new totembar is sexeh and a new spell which drops all 4 totems at once. uber kool.
    you will enjoy it :P

    ReplyDelete